Plant Coral Trees
€9,00 – €10,00
The urgent issue of coral degradation demands our attention.
Coral reefs, covering less than 0.1% of the Earth’s surface, are the world’s most biodiverse marine ecosystems, supporting over 4,000 species of reef fish and more than 1 million other marine organisms.
Over 275 million people live within close proximity to coral reefs, and over 100 countries benefit from their recreational value. However, coral reefs are under immense threat, with 75% currently at risk, a figure projected to reach 90% by 2030 and 100% by 2050 if no substantial action is taken.
Replase addresses this crisis by enabling companies to contribute to the planting of coral trees, a carefully executed venture conducted by our partners and local communities.
Choose to plant a specific number of coral trees as a one-time commitment or on a monthly basis.
This single order can drive multiple positive changes:
- Restores and supports biodiversity: coral reefs are often referred to as the “rainforests of the sea” due to their high biodiversity, providing habitat and shelter for a wide variety of marine species.
- Supports fisheries: many commercially important fish species rely on coral reefs for breeding, feeding, and shelter. Healthy reefs contribute to sustainable fisheries, ensuring a source of food and livelihood for coastal communities
- Balance the nutrient cycling: coral reefs play a role in nutrient cycling, helping to maintain the balance of essential nutrients in the ocean ecosystem
- Protects from storms: reducing the energy of waves and storm surges, coral reefs protect coastlines from erosion, which benefits both coastal communities and natural habitats
- Sequestrates Carbon: through themselves as well as the calcium carbonate structures they create, coral contribute to carbon sequestration, absorbing and storing it.
- Regulate global climate: as part of the ocean ecosystem, corals regulate climate patterns and weather systems.
No reviews for this.